Pharmaceutical Industry and Public Policy in Post-Reform India
Articles in Journals
- Innovation, Patents and Competition in Modern Agriculture: A Case Study of Bayer and Monsanto Merger, The Antitrust Bulletin, (Forthcoming).
- Political Economy of India’s Engagement with WTO: An Analysis in the context of amendment of India’s Patents Act, International Journal of South Asian Studies, 7(1), 2014: 35-49.
- Novartis Verdict: Implications for India, International Journal of South Asian Studies, 6(2), 2013:359-368.
- India’s Bilateral Investment Agreements: Time to Review, Economic and Political Weekly, XLVII (52), 2012: 113-122.
- Approval of GM Crops: Socio Economic Considerations in Developing Countries, Economic and Political Weekly, XLVII (23), 2012: 53-61.
- Policy Reforms in the Indian Pharmaceuticals Sector since 1994: Impact on Exports and Imports, Economic and Political Weekly, XLVII(18), 2012: 62-72.
- International Regime on Access and Benefit Sharing: Where are we now?, Asian Biotechnology and Development Review, 12(3), 2010: 77-94.
- Anti-Counterfeiting Initiatives and Trade in Generic Medicines, Poverty in Focus, Issue 21: 20-22.
- Estimating India’s Trade in Drugs and Pharmaceuticals, Economic and Political Weekly, XLIV (2), 2009: 18-23.
Articles in Edited Books
- Doha Declaration on Public Health and India, BRILL’s Encyclopaedia of Public International Law in Asia (BEPILA) (Forthcoming).
- Standard Essential Patents and FRAND Licensing: A View from India, in Kung-Chung Liu and Reto M. Hilty (eds.), SEPs, SSOs and FRAND: Asian and Global Perspectives on Fostering Innovation in Interconnectivity, Routledge, 2020.
- Investment Facilitation Agreement in WTO: Where is it headed?, in Sachs,Lisa; Johnson, Lise; and Coleman Jesse (eds.), Yearbook on International Investment Law and Policy 2017, Oxford University Press, 2019.
- India’s Information Technology Industry: A Tale of Two Halves, in Liu, C. and Racherla U. S. Racherla (eds.), Innovation, Economic Development, and Intellectual Property in India and China, ARCIALA Series on Intellectual Assets and Law in Asia, Springer 2019.
- The Challenges, Opportunities and Performance of Indian Pharmaceutical Industry Post-TRIPS, in Liu, -C. and Racherla U. S. Racherla (eds.), Innovation, Economic Development, and Intellectual Property in India and China, ARCIALA Series on Intellectual Assets and Law in Asia, Springer 2019.
- TRIPS and Public Health: Challenges for India and India’s Response, in Burra, Srinivas and Babu, Rajesh (eds.), Locating India in Contemporary International Legal Order, (eds.), Springer, 2018.
- Foreign Direct Investment, Intellectual Property Rights and Technology Transfer, in Das, Mousumi; Kar, Sabyasachi and Nawn, Nandan (eds.), Economic Challenges for the Contemporary World: Essays in Honour of Prabhat Patnaik, Sage Publications, 2016.
- Recent Performance of Indian Pharmaceutical Industry, in Selvaraj, Sakthivel; Abrol, Dinesh; and Gopakumar, K.M. (eds.), Access to Medicines in India, Academic Foundation, 2014, New Delhi.
- Developments in India’s Domestic Pharmaceuticals Sector and Implications for Universal Health Care in India, in Social Development Report 2014, Oxford University Press and Council for Social Development, New Delhi, 2015.
- Foreign Direct Investment, Intellectual Property Rights and Technology Transfer: The North-South and South-South Dimension, UNCTAD, 2012.
- India’s Engagement with the World Trade Organization: The Role of Non-State Agents in Amitabh Mattoo and Happymon Jacob (eds.) Shaping India’s Foreign Policy: People, Politics and Places published by Har Anand Publishers, New Delhi, 2010.
Working Papers/Policy Briefs
- Outward FDI from India: Review of Policy and Emerging Trends, Working Paper 214, ISID, 2019.
- FDI in R&D in India: An Analysis of Recent Trends, Working Paper 209, ISID, 2019.
- Investment Facilitation in WTO: For Development?, Policy Brief No.7, ISID, 2017.
- Investment Facilitation Agreement in WTO: What it contains and why India should be cautious?, Discussion Note No.10, ISID, 2017.
- Trends in Foreign Investment in Healthcare Sector of India, Working Paper 187, ISID, 2016.
- National IPR Policy and Innovation, Policy Brief 1 (part 2, page 5-8), ISID, 2016.
- The R&D Scenario in the India Pharmaceutical Industry, Discussion Paper 176, RIS, 2012.
- Public Health and Pharmaceutical Industry: Making the Indian generic pharmaceutical industry vibrant, Policy Brief No. 52, RIS, 2012.
- Towards a Framework for Socio-economic Aspects in Biosafety Protocol, Policy Brief No. 51, RIS, 2011.
Office Address :
Dr. Reji K. Joseph
Institute for Studies in Industrial Development
Vasant Kunj Institutional Area Phase-II
New Delhi – 110070, India
Professional Links :
© 2020 Reji K. Joseph | All Rights Reserved | Designed By Cdigimedia Technologies